Instant training improvement tips: When snacks go bad
You cannot ‘outrun’ a poor diet.
With that said and done, we all ‘snack’ to some degree and said choices can either accelerate development or ruin your efforts. That simple fact, a bitter pill to swallow, is critical to understand but can prove to be a catalyst to goal achievement.
Avoid these six common ‘snack’ errors:
- Late night binge eating or the dreaded ‘comfort food’ is to be avoided.
- Avoid processed foods and ‘no’, just because the package is green and says ‘natural’ does not mean it’s healthy.
- Poor travel habits and packaged ‘snacks’ that are in-fact laden with chemicals that require third-year chemistry to understand how you are harming your body.
- Water. Proper hydration isn’t ‘sugar laced’ low quality ‘energy drinks’. Choose water or go ‘the extra mile’ with Modern BCAA+
- Snacks that lack nutritional balance. Just like your meals ensure your snacks are properly balanced with the appropriate ratio of protein, fats, and carbohydrates.
Don’t ruin your training; choose healthy snacks for Iron Game success
- Nuts, almonds, pistachios, get in those monounsaturated fats to burn fat. ‘Fat to burn fat’
- Greek yogurt
- Salmon (pink), loads of protein and energizing fat
- Eggs, i.e. add hard boiled eggs to your daily ‘in between’ meals
- Cottage cheese
- Peanut or Almond butter (natural only). Add a little to oatmeal to breakfast.
- Chocolate, more than 60% cocoa level can assist fat reduction in small amounts
LIFTed Pre-Training Cocktail
2 Scoops of AminoLIFT
4 oz of Plain Water
6 oz of Seltzer/ Sparkling Water
1 Teaspoon Fresh Lime Juice Mix
Mix 1 scoop of AminoLIFT with 4oz of plain water. Add 6oz of sparkling water to the mix and squeeze in about a teaspoon of lime juice.
Prepared by John Davies
The information provided in ‘Instant Training Improvement Tips’, as well as this web-site blog is intended for informational and educational purposes only and should it be interpreted as medical advice for any condition. Always consult a qualified medical professional before beginning any nutritional program or exercise program. By reading this disclaimer, you hereby agree and understand that the information provided in this column is not medical advice and relying upon it shall be done at your sole risk
Also in Training
The amount and variety of energy drinks at any local convenience store can be a bit overwhelming. The names alone are enough to make you think twice before pounding a 16oz’er of ” #NoRegrets – now with more Hashtag!”, “Sugar NUKE XXXtreme” and “Brown Paper Bag Energy Drank”… For those looking for a pick-me-up that’s […]
At this point, if you aren’t using BCAA’s – and to be a bit more specific, ModernBCAA+ – then what the heck are you doing? So, assuming you are already sipping ModernBCAA+ during your workouts, how about some frozen ModernBCAA+ for the summer? Here are our top 3 ways to enjoy 150 scoops of Blue Raspberry flavored […]
Every day is beach season. No matter what time of year it is, the classic V-taper can help you look stronger and leaner and that physique starts with creating cannonball delts. Depending on where you’re reading this, you may not be currently experiencing beautiful 90-degree weather. However, for a moment forget about “beach season” as […]