Smartphones are amazing. We tend to take them for granted but the amount of technology you store in your pocket would fill a 1990’s electronics shop. We don’t leave home without them which makes it very convenient to trust them with your fitness resource needs!
TEAM USPlabs has come together to discuss the BEST of the best when it comes to fitness apps.
• MyFitnessPal - At the end of the day you’ll be surprised what you’ve eaten. Most lifters would agree that there is nothing more important than tracking your food intake to keep tabs on your diet. MyFitnessPal offers a great user experience by linking your macro tracking with goal setting and tracking. This easy-to-use app can be adapted to any diet style. You can also add your friends to keep them on point and gain motivation as you see them moving toward their goals.
• MapMyRun – How many hours have you spent in the last month running in place? I personally needed a break from the treadmill. MapMyRun takes your calorie burning to the outdoors for your walk, jog, or run that day. This app allows for GPS to see exactly how far you’ve traveled. The tracking ability can also help with your route selection as it keeps track of your travels in real time. You can also link to MyFitnessPal to adjust caloric needs based on your tracked workouts.
• Instagram – It’s not just for selfies and food porn. Instagram can be an integral tool in your fitness arsenal in more ways than one. I follow anyone from celebs to top chefs for new trends to unreal meal prep ideas. Load up your gym pictures, take shots of your new personal records, or share your ultimate pre-workout stack with your followers for comments, likes, and even reposting! Be sure to add us and tag us! @USPlabs - Use hashtags to build a following or track your own progress. Cap off your posts with #BarbellClub to be part of our community.
• Spotify – Nothing gets you motivated like the PERFECT song. Like fuel on a fire, the right track can singlehandedly change your training. With Spotify, you’re able to access millions of tracks with a few clicks. Public playlists are also a great option for setting the mood toward a specific goal. Try searching for popular fitness keywords or trends to find new goal-oriented playlists! You can also follow what your friends or fitness idols are listening to for fueling their gains.
• Evernote – Progress, not perfection. Recording your progress is essential for goal plotting and tracking. Evernote brings it all together on a cross-platform application that will allow you to sign in from your phone, tablet, laptop, or desktop. You can manage reminders and calendars, and you can even save media like images and videos.
There are literally millions of different apps in the app store, so feel free to dig around. Do you have a MUST HAVE app that we didn’t list? Let us hear about it!
The information provided in this article, as well as this web-site blog is intended for informational and educational purposes only and should it be interpreted as medical advice for any condition. Always consult a qualified medical professional before beginning any nutritional program or exercise program. By reading this disclaimer, you hereby agree and understand that the information provided in this column is not medical advice and relying upon it shall be done at your sole risk.