Working out at home can be simple, effective & fun. Those of you who have children or tight schedules have to find unique ways to get your daily exercise.
Now on sale - NEW USPlabs AminoLIFT!
Here's a list of Top 10 Home Workout Tips just for you:
- Keep it simple. Home workouts do not need to be hi-tech. Use calisthenics to increase body strength & flexibility. Push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups - you can do it all with your very own body weight.
- Add resistance movements in between high intensity movements to maximize fat loss. Simple & inexpensive workout bands are perfect for at home resistance exercises.
- Workout with your family. For those of you who need a workout partner to push you - don't be afraid to get the kids involved. Make it a family event. You'll be surprised how effective and fun this will be.
- Alter cooking habits. Eating proper nutrition is just as important as exercising. Be sure to cook healthier meals for you and your family.
- Have all meals prepared, including snacks. Cook in bulk and have the meals ready before you need them. Healthy snacks and meals are much easier to eat if they're already prepared.
- Workout abs as you sit. While seated on the couch or at your desk, take turns drawing the alphabet with each foot/leg. The movement will help work the lower abdominal region.
- Workout while brushing your teeth. Instead of standing over the sink while you’re brushing your teeth, stand against a wall with your legs extended out about two feet from the wall. Slowly bend your knees to slide down the wall until you reach a seated position. Hold the position and you can brush your teeth and workout your legs - at the same time!
- Dance! That's right - whether you're cleaning the house, washing dishes or even cooking, turn the music up and dance - it’s the ultimate in fun cardio!
- Don't forget your calves. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Raise yourself high on your tippy toes, and then slowly return to a flat-foot position. Lift and lower your heels 20-40 times, or until you feel too tired to continue. This is the perfect exercise while washing dishes.
- Go to the park. If you have children, they will thank you for it. You can jog at the park, while the kids play on the playground. Or perhaps, play a game of catch. Make it fun!
There are so many fun and effective at-home workouts you can try. This is a short list to get you and your family started.
Prepared by Dustin Carwile and Mike Rea
The information provided in this article, as well as this web-site blog is intended for informational and educational purposes only and should it be interpreted as medical advice for any condition. Always consult a qualified medical professional before beginning any nutritional program or exercise program. By reading this disclaimer, you hereby agree and understand that the information provided in this column is not medical advice and relying upon it shall be done at your sole risk.