What would you do to have the head turning, fitness model abs you’ve always dreamed of? Well, it is time to step it up and turn that dream into reality with IFBB Pro Tammy Bravomalo's top tips!
- Clean House - Are processed foods, sugars, and high fats in your diet? The first step is to slowly cut those out to help lower your body fat.
- Prep Your Diet- Plan what your week will look like beforehand. If you’re going to add a refeed or cheat schedule this in, and do not deviate from the plan.
Sample meal plan
5 egg whites 1 /2 cup oatmeal with raisins or berries and cinnamon EpiBURN Pro™– as directed
6oz baked fish or chicken breast 1 cup of vegetables
1 scoop – USPlabs Protein 4 rice cakes 1/4 cup almonds or mix protein shake with unsweetened almond milk
5oz baked fish or chicken breast 1/2 cup brown rice 1 cup vegetables
During workout and cardio
Workout – no more than 30 mins
Cardio – 30 minutes
Meal #5 – immediately after workout and cardio session
6oz chicken breast 4oz sweet potato Spinach salad with balsamic vinegar
1 scoop – USPlabs Protein Mix with ice and a couple ounces of unsweetened almond milk
- Get Moving – Once your food selection is “ab friendly”. Add in cardio 4 times a week for 30 mins.
- Sculpt Your Abs – A well thought out workout can help you see results quicker. The ideal routine is 3 sets of 30 reps with 3-4 different exercises. Don’t over exert yourself and slowly work your way up to 30 reps. Once these exercises become easy, challenge yourself further by adding weight or increasing weight used. Try my routine below.
DECLINE REVERSE CRUNCH For a more advanced exercise, incorporate planking your legs.
KNEELING CABLE CRUNCH For oblique’s, incorporate the kneeling side cable crunch. If it is too difficult to keep your legs close together, try this exercise with a wider stance.
- Track your improvements –Use progress pictures and regularly checking measurements such as body fat, waist circumference ect...
Now that you have the tools to uncovering your six packs, get to work! Feel free to ask us any questions in the comments section. Photo: Tammy Bravomalo
Disclaimer The information provided in this article, as well as this web-site blog is intended for informational and educational purposes only and should not be interpreted as medical advice for any condition. Always consult a qualified medical professional before beginning any nutritional program or exercise program. By reading this disclaimer, you hereby agree and understand that the information provided in this column is not medical advice and relying upon it shall be done at your sole risk.