There’s a million ways to cook chicken, but for me the best will always be grilled. Nothing says summer more than grilling and enjoying your backyard. Add some veggies and sweet potatoes and you have a legit summer meal. Skewers or kebabs can be done with just about anything so get creative.
Remember these tips for next time you grill!
- Grill consistently at a medium heat rather than high to avoid tough/burnt pieces
- If using wooden skewers soak in water for 10-30 minutes beforehand, so they don’t burn
- Cut meat and veggies to a similar shape and size to cook evenly
- Spray your skewer with a light coating of cooking oil
- The more you grill, the better you’ll get!
Recipe: Garlic Mustard Chicken Kebabs
(Makes 6 Servings)
- 4 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- 1.5lbs of Chicken
- 2 Sweet Onions
- 2 Green Peppers
- 2 Tablespoons of Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
- ½ Teaspoon of Minced Garlic
Cut all pieces to a similar size/shape and microwave your sweet potatoes for 3 minutes. Add to your skewer and grill at a medium heat. Turn kebab about every 3 minutes for a total cooking time of 10-15 minutes.
The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of USPlabs or any employee thereof. Examples used within this article are only examples. USPlabs is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the authors of this article. Content contributors are not employees of USPlabs. Authors may have been remunerated by USPlabs.
The information provided in this article, as well as this web-site blog is intended for informational and educational purposes only and should not be interpreted as medical advice for any condition. Always consult a qualified medical professional before beginning any nutritional program or exercise program. By reading this disclaimer, you hereby agree and understand that the information provided in this column is not medical advice and relying upon it shall be done at your sole risk.