For all the ‘doing my best’, in sport there is no latitude for those who wish to climb to the top of the victors podium. It is not simply sufficient to ‘do your best’ but you must perform at optimal level when the pressure is at its peak.
This plays a unique role in sport as many athletes simply do not possess significant strength and work-rate to manage their function in the field of competition. This is shown in many manners, with the most common being lowered performance in the latter part of competition, i.e. late in the game.
This has a unique ‘crossover’ to the ‘iron game’ as those without sufficient work threshold will see their effort wane in exhausting workouts and recovery from strenuous exercise is generally slower. Simply, to be your best in the iron-game you must reach back in its history and embrace the notion of ‘being fit’ and the epitome of ‘health’.
Strength and health remain in the iron-game.
Home Fitness Workout Challenge #8
USPlabs Home Fitness Workout Challenge #8 [Tweet this NOW!]
[Tweet this NOW!]
• Jumping Jacks – 30 seconds
• Shuffle Split – 30 seconds
• Burpee’s – 30 seconds, continue until minimal 15
• Mountain Climbers – 30 seconds
• Push-Ups | Press-Up (fisted) – 30 (minimal) in 30 seconds
• Russian Split Jumps – 30 seconds
• Pull-Ups – 30 seconds (or 15 reps optimally with slow eccentric)
• Abdominal Circuit
• Cossack Squats – 60 seconds FAST TEMPO, i.e. minimal 30
Each set will take slightly more than seven minutes. Rest to eight minute mark and repeat for a total of seven sets.
After completing the routine, perform three sets of STS™
How to perform Cossack Squats
Given you are training at home, please consider the following important diet 'tips':
- Perform the first set (or more) of this routine before breakfast but ensure you ingest the appropriate amount of Modern BCAA+™ in water, as well as Jack3d®.
- After finishing your exercise routine, have a bracing cold shower to further invigorate your body and improve muscular recovery.
- Enjoy a breakfast that is based upon porridge, oatmeal or millet (this will vary from region to region and different cultural backgrounds. Add a simple protein source, such as dollop of natural peanut butter and possibly, my preference, a generous sprinkling of cinnamon. Each breakfast should include a healthy protein source, such as eggs or for both quality of ingredients, absorption and reliability, OxyELITE Protein™ is a perfect selection.
Prepared by John Davies
The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of USPlabs or any employee thereof. Examples used within this article are only examples. USPlabs is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the authors of this article. Content contributors are not employees of USPlabs. Authors may have been remunerated by USPlabs.
The information provided in this article, as well as this web-site blog is intended for informational and educational purposes only and should not be interpreted as medical advice for any condition. Always consult a qualified medical professional before beginning any nutritional program or exercise program. By reading this disclaimer, you hereby agree and understand that the information provided in this column is not medical advice and relying upon it shall be done at your sole risk.